Wednesday, October 10, 2012

BAKE 52: WEEK 41

PUMPKIN SHEET CAKE


I'm so glad my fellow bakers are liking pumpkin right now too!  I seriously think I could finish off the year with a pumpkin recipe each week--given the book had that many pumpkin recipes and I supplemented with chocolate on even days:)
Needless to say, I loved the pumpkin sheet cake.  The cake was light and moist and the cream cheese frosting was smooth and tangy.  I thought 3 cups of frosting was a bit much so I cut the recipe in half and that was perfect.  Also, I don't know about anyone else, but sheet cake to me means baking in a big ol' cookie sheet not a regular 13 by 9-inch baking pan, so that's what I did--and I ain't even Texan.  We had lots of yummy cake all day long and you could have seconds without the guilt (thirds and fourths didn't feel bad either!).  Betsy was our host this week and you can get the recipe at her blog, HERE.


2 comments:

  1. I like the picture! I'm with you - sheet cake means baked in a half sheet pan like you did. But I followed the recipe anyway.

    I had way too much frosting too but I just slathered it all on! It still got ate, which is all I care about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the photo too! Glad to know it would work as a Texas sheet cake! I will be utilizing that information in the future for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete