Wednesday, July 18, 2012

COULDN'T RESIST

Individual Fallen Chocolate Cakes

I baked out of The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book (TATKFBB) (Why haven't I abbreviated that before?!) twice this week.  The first was for Bake 52: Week 28 - Cinnamon Rolls (scroll down for those).  But I needed to satisfy my chocolate craving after that, and what better than with fallen chocolate cakes--better know in my neck of the woods as chocolate lava cakes.  These little cakes were surprisingly easy and went fast. It made 8 individual cakes and I could have easily eaten all of them.  That is my goal for next time.  By the way, the picture didn't do these justice.  You can see the chocolate starting to ooze, but the next cut into it produced a flowing lake of gooey chocolate.  I had to hurry and add a scoop of ice cream to complete the yumminess!  Check out page 319 in TATKFBB for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment