Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BAKE 52: WEEK 27

FRESH FRUIT TART


This was a great pick for a hot summer day; fresh fruit, cold pastry cream, and a sugary crust.  The original recipe called for raspberries, not peaches, but Walmart just happened to have every fruit available except raspberries, so I went with what was in season, juicy peaches!  The recipe also calls for current or apply jelly to drizzle over the top, but since I was lacking in the jelly department, I went with what was in the fridge--caramel topping.  It added a pretty glazed look and, well--caramel and fruit--you really can't go wrong.  The tart crust was hard to serve without braking apart, but perhaps that is the nature of tart crust?  I ate it right away, but I wonder if I should have waited a few hours to let the cream soften the crust some.  But then the fruit might not have been as good.  Hmm. Anyway, this was first attempt at a tart, and I don't think it will be my last. This week, Michelle (from Bake 52) and I had fun baking together, so don't be surprised that our tarts look identical:)  Amanda was our host this week and you can get the recipe HERE, and see her fabulous version of the tart!

3 comments:

  1. It was fun baking! :) Your 4th of July stuff is SO cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys did a great job! So fun that you live close and can bake together. I love the idea of the peaches and caramel, I bet it was delicious. It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet peaches were SO good on that!!

    ReplyDelete