Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BAKE 52: Week 22

RUSTIC CARAMELIZED ONION TART WITH BLUE CHEESE AND WALNUTS.

I'm not quite sure when I switched from hating onions to tolerating them to liking them to cooking with them, but I did.  And this recipe had me at caramelized--love them caramelized onions!  Still, I would have never picked this recipe since nuts belong to the trees that grew them, but once again, that's the genius of this baking group; trying things you would have never before. 
This may be the first recipe I cried over and still liked--man, there were a lot of onions to cut!  But once everything was assembled and baked it was really good!  The toasted blue cheese--who knew? Yum!  The caramelized onions--yum!  The walnuts, ehh.  At least it added to the rustication (I thought spell check would call me on that one) of the tart.  I think this would be great as an appetizer in small amounts; I tried it for dinner and my stomach paid for it later.  
The ever awesome Michelle was our host this week and you can get the recipe HERE at her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment