Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chips and Salsa!


Chili's Copycat Salsa.  It is so good, you'll even dip your finger!

Eight weeks into Weight Watchers and I am on the constant look-out for great, low-point snacks.  My all time favorite is REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups at just 2 points per cup.  But, to satisfy the salty craving, I am loving Kellogg's Special K Sea Salt Cracker Chips with THIS Chili's copycat salsa.  The cracker chips are only 3 points for 30-35 chips (110 calories for 30).  Regular tortilla chips are 140 calories for nine (N-I-N-E!) chips.  I have never been able to eat just nine chips.  Has anyone?!  The salsa is 0 points and I could almost eat it by itself, its that good.  And the recipe is so , SO easy.   At four times the dipping power, this snack is completely satisfying, even when the person next to you is chomping on nachos and a doughnut (shouldn't husbands gain weight too?).  Check out my friend, Michelle, at her blog, A Few of My Favorite Things...To Eat for the salsa recipe.  But be warned, it is addicting!
1 serving of tortilla chips, and I even put 18 in since they looked broken in half.  I'm usually a glass half-full type but when it comes to food, this is half-empty!

















No comments:

Post a Comment