Wednesday, November 14, 2012

BAKE 52

SPICED PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

AND

RED VELVET LAYER CAKE


Okay, here's the thing.  You know how I've been having camera issues?  Well I couldn't get my pictures to download last week, so I COMPLETELY forgot about posting last weeks recipe!  So here's the scoop on the red velvet layer cake:
LOVED IT!  Actually, I fell in love with the cake and the frosting.  I think I have a new favorite cream cheese frosting now!  It was so, so, good.  I could have eaten the whole bowl of frosting.   Combine that with the cake and it was just dangerous all around.  Janet was the host for last week and you can get the recipe HERE.

On to the cheesecake:
Like I've said before, I could bake the rest of the year with pumpkin recipes, and since I have never tried pumpkin cheesecake before, I was all for this one.  Aside from my texture issues, I loved the flavor and crust.  I must admit, I can be a lazy baker and cheesecake is time consuming, but for the sake of fall, Thanksgiving, or just delicious-smelling kitchens, go bake some spiced pumpkin cheesecake.  Amanda was our host and you can get the recipe at her blog HERE.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them both! We loved the red velvet cake too. Yours looks beautiful. Thanks for baking with me this week.

    ReplyDelete