Wednesday, December 5, 2012

BAKE 52

LARGE DANISH BRAID


Yummy, right?!  Flaky, sweet, buttery deliciousness--that pretty much sums up this pastry.  I went with a cream cheese and raspberry filling that i loved as well.

Now, I'm going to be totally honest, I cheated!  I just didn't have the patience today to wait the hours in between rolling and folding, rolling and folding, rolling and folding (even just typing that out was laborious)--so I didn't!  I just rolled and folded one right after the other and skipped chilling.  And guess what?  It worked!  I even forgot to let it rise, but I still had plenty of flakiness plus the rest of my day.  Wahoo!  There was only one down fall; by the last roll out before I put the filling on, the dough was getting sticky which made braiding kinda tricky.  Some of the braids broke and I had to piece them back together.

So, it wasn't the prettiest braid, but it was the price I was willing to pay today.
Jennifer was our host this week and you can get the recipe from her blog, HERE.  

1 comment:

  1. Your photo looks so mouthwatering! It's nice to know it still works without all the refrigeration. I always wonder if that's necessary or just to make it easier to handle. Good to know it would work if you were in more of a rush.

    ReplyDelete